I can’t believe he is so grown up! (Scroll down for information on how I took these images!)
Do you want to know how I thought it through?
1. I found an area with tons of diffused (really even) light
2. I choose to use my 50 mm lens (a 50 mm is considered a prime lens because it doesn’t zoom in and out…it generally yields really sharp and beautiful images) because clarity was my goal.
3. I set my aperture to 1.8 and let the camera set the shutter speed.
4. Because I was using such a big aperture and I was going to have so much blur (see this post), I made sure I was ONLY AND ALWAYS focusing on his eyes
5. I dressed him is something really simple and comfortable. In fact, I really wanted him to be in this cute little hat, but he didn’t want to so I didn’t fight it. What I really wanted was a great smile.
6. I added in a little tush-ey dance for a great laugh
7. And I took a lot of pictures!!
I mentioned that clarity was one of my goals for these images….that’s because we are going to choose one to enlarge to 47 x 47″ and hang on our family room wall. Which one would you choose? We can’t decide!!!